- 20th Annual Honor the Mounds set for Saturday
- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
Hospice offers direct care training
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Counseling Center will offer direct care volunteer training from 6 to 9 p.m., Thursdays, Sept. 2-Nov. 11 at 4215 Newburg Rd.
Direct care volunteers work closely with patients and their families, offering companionship and friendship during an important end-of-life transition. Hours of care are based on the availability of volunteers, and the needs of the patients and families.
The training will include topics such as the following: Hospice philosophy and concept, personal death awareness, listening and communication skills, confidentiality, loss and grief, medical issues of terminal illness, infection control, legal aspects/psychological aspects of dying, patient and family needs, the funeral home and spirituality care, and volunteer responsibilities and reporting.
The cost for the 10-week training is $25. Info: Regina Schick at 398-0500.