- Tech-Friendly: I am not wowed by iOS 8
- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
Hospice offers direct care training
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Counseling Center will offer direct care volunteer training from 6 to 9 p.m., Thursdays, Sept. 2-Nov. 11 at 4215 Newburg Rd.
Direct care volunteers work closely with patients and their families, offering companionship and friendship during an important end-of-life transition. Hours of care are based on the availability of volunteers, and the needs of the patients and families.
The training will include topics such as the following: Hospice philosophy and concept, personal death awareness, listening and communication skills, confidentiality, loss and grief, medical issues of terminal illness, infection control, legal aspects/psychological aspects of dying, patient and family needs, the funeral home and spirituality care, and volunteer responsibilities and reporting.
The cost for the 10-week training is $25. Info: Regina Schick at 398-0500.