- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Hospice offers direct care training
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Counseling Center will offer direct care volunteer training from 6 to 9 p.m., Thursdays, Sept. 2-Nov. 11 at 4215 Newburg Rd.
Direct care volunteers work closely with patients and their families, offering companionship and friendship during an important end-of-life transition. Hours of care are based on the availability of volunteers, and the needs of the patients and families.
The training will include topics such as the following: Hospice philosophy and concept, personal death awareness, listening and communication skills, confidentiality, loss and grief, medical issues of terminal illness, infection control, legal aspects/psychological aspects of dying, patient and family needs, the funeral home and spirituality care, and volunteer responsibilities and reporting.
The cost for the 10-week training is $25. Info: Regina Schick at 398-0500.