- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Iraq like a mean dog next door
The situation with Iraq is kind of like having a mean dog living next door inside a good fencethen you climb over the fence in hopes of teaching it to be a nice dog, but its temperament doesnt change and you are bitten.
Now youre all the madder at the dog and want to kill it to get even…but you only brought a stick to protect yourself and not a brick. The dog chases you round and round, and you cant get back over the fence … because your dad tells you you cant quityou have to train the dog. Youre stuck dealing with a mad dog and no way out.
Also, Im starting a new joke
I know how to bring jobs to the Forest City. Change the name from Rockford….to China.
Everyone says the jobs are going to China!
(We could be at the top of the list at Google under China for a few bucksand have a trade representative to go meet with executives looking to outsource their labor.)
Allen Penticoff is a Rockford resident.