- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Italian language classes start March 12
The Greater Rockford Italian American Association will sponsor Italian language classes from 6 to 7:30 p.m., beginning the week of March 19. Classes will be held at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 1010 Ferguson St., in the church Pedrini Center. Enter from the south parking lot.
The Monday class is Conversational Italian I; Tuesday class is Conversational Italian II. This spring, the classes will again be taught by Tony Tarara. Cost is $30; make check payable to GRIAA. Deadline to sign up is March 12. Class runs 10 weeks.
Each class is limited to 15 students. The textbook is titled Italian Now by Barrons, ISBN No. 0-7641-3073-0. It may be purchased at Barnes & Noble or Borders before the class.
To sign up or for more information, call Tony Tarara at (815) 399-2129 or Gene Fedeli at (815) 877-2888, or e-mail Gene at email@example.com.
Speriamo che ci vediamoHope to see you there!
From the March 7-13, 2007, issue