- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Its RAMI time again!
Its RAMI time again!
The Rockford Area Music Industry Awards Committee announces that nominations are open for the 2002 RAMI Awards. Nominations end Jan. 15, 2003, and balloting begins Feb. 3. Balloting ends April 1. No fooling!
Nominations may be submitted by anyone for Recording Projects (CD, cassette) and/or Musicians (individual performers, bands, groups) in more than two dozen genres of music and five technical categories, plus Best New Act and Best Musical Outreach Program.
Also, Critics Choice Awards are given for Community Service, Lifetime Achievement, Best Composer, Best Original Song and Best Album. Also, the RAMI Hall of Fame inducts a few select musicians each year who exemplify The Best of Our Best.
Musicians are encouraged to nominate themselves and their recording projects.
Technicians should be nominated by sound and lighting companies, studios, venues, promoters, events, union locals and such, except that freelance technicians can and should nominate themselves.
The 2003 RAMI nominees and Critics Choice nominees will then be selected once the incompletes, redundants and ineligibles have been discarded by the committee. After that, the winners are chosen by popular vote.
The show will be at 7 p.m., April 17, 2003, at the Tebala Shrine, 7910 Newburg Road.
Nomination forms are available at: Guzzardos, Randees, Pegasus, True Tone, Discovery Center, Ubiquity Records, Waterfront office, Studio B, Midway, Noise Chamber, Rockford Main Library, North Suburban Library, Rockford Womans Club, Mendelssohn Club and the Coronado Theatre.
They are also available by mail from: The RAMI Awards, P.O. Box 4128, Rockford, Ill. 61110. Phone: 815-633-3017, fax 815-961-7347, or online email@example.com