- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Jammin with JANE at Burpee July 30
Burpee Museum of Natural History invites everyone to a one-of-a-kind summer celebration, Jammin with JANE, on Friday, July 30 at the Museum, 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Festivities will run from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Attendees will be treated to savory gourmet specialties prepared by Rockfords finest culinary artists. Entertainment consists of dancing under the stars with the Pete Fleming Orchestra.
People will have a chance to own a limited edition JANE charm and win one of several luxurious prizes. There will be silent auction dinostable-size replicas of JANE hand painted by area artists. A $5,000 cash prize will be awarded in a raffle. Raffle tickets are $20 each, three for $50 or eight for $100.
Summer casual attire is suitable for this event. All proceeds from Jammin with JANE will be allocated toward Burpees educational programs so the Story of JANE can be shared with everyone.
To reserve a seat or for more information, call Mimi DesRosiers at (815) 965-3433, ext. 1005.