- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Jammin with JANE at Burpee July 30
Burpee Museum of Natural History invites everyone to a one-of-a-kind summer celebration, Jammin with JANE, on Friday, July 30 at the Museum, 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Festivities will run from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Attendees will be treated to savory gourmet specialties prepared by Rockfords finest culinary artists. Entertainment consists of dancing under the stars with the Pete Fleming Orchestra.
People will have a chance to own a limited edition JANE charm and win one of several luxurious prizes. There will be silent auction dinostable-size replicas of JANE hand painted by area artists. A $5,000 cash prize will be awarded in a raffle. Raffle tickets are $20 each, three for $50 or eight for $100.
Summer casual attire is suitable for this event. All proceeds from Jammin with JANE will be allocated toward Burpees educational programs so the Story of JANE can be shared with everyone.
To reserve a seat or for more information, call Mimi DesRosiers at (815) 965-3433, ext. 1005.