- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Jammin with JANE at Burpee July 30
Burpee Museum of Natural History invites everyone to a one-of-a-kind summer celebration, Jammin with JANE, on Friday, July 30 at the Museum, 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Festivities will run from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Attendees will be treated to savory gourmet specialties prepared by Rockfords finest culinary artists. Entertainment consists of dancing under the stars with the Pete Fleming Orchestra.
People will have a chance to own a limited edition JANE charm and win one of several luxurious prizes. There will be silent auction dinostable-size replicas of JANE hand painted by area artists. A $5,000 cash prize will be awarded in a raffle. Raffle tickets are $20 each, three for $50 or eight for $100.
Summer casual attire is suitable for this event. All proceeds from Jammin with JANE will be allocated toward Burpees educational programs so the Story of JANE can be shared with everyone.
To reserve a seat or for more information, call Mimi DesRosiers at (815) 965-3433, ext. 1005.