- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Jammin with JANE at Burpee July 30
Burpee Museum of Natural History invites everyone to a one-of-a-kind summer celebration, Jammin with JANE, on Friday, July 30 at the Museum, 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Festivities will run from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Attendees will be treated to savory gourmet specialties prepared by Rockfords finest culinary artists. Entertainment consists of dancing under the stars with the Pete Fleming Orchestra.
People will have a chance to own a limited edition JANE charm and win one of several luxurious prizes. There will be silent auction dinostable-size replicas of JANE hand painted by area artists. A $5,000 cash prize will be awarded in a raffle. Raffle tickets are $20 each, three for $50 or eight for $100.
Summer casual attire is suitable for this event. All proceeds from Jammin with JANE will be allocated toward Burpees educational programs so the Story of JANE can be shared with everyone.
To reserve a seat or for more information, call Mimi DesRosiers at (815) 965-3433, ext. 1005.