- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Jammin with JANE at Burpee July 30
Burpee Museum of Natural History invites everyone to a one-of-a-kind summer celebration, Jammin with JANE, on Friday, July 30 at the Museum, 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Festivities will run from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Attendees will be treated to savory gourmet specialties prepared by Rockfords finest culinary artists. Entertainment consists of dancing under the stars with the Pete Fleming Orchestra.
People will have a chance to own a limited edition JANE charm and win one of several luxurious prizes. There will be silent auction dinostable-size replicas of JANE hand painted by area artists. A $5,000 cash prize will be awarded in a raffle. Raffle tickets are $20 each, three for $50 or eight for $100.
Summer casual attire is suitable for this event. All proceeds from Jammin with JANE will be allocated toward Burpees educational programs so the Story of JANE can be shared with everyone.
To reserve a seat or for more information, call Mimi DesRosiers at (815) 965-3433, ext. 1005.