- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Jubilee Theatre presents Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
The Jubilee Theatre at the Clock Tower Resort begins its Jubilee Junior Series with its production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs playing now and continuing each Saturday at 1 p.m. through August.
A unique adaptation of the classic tale, this stage version features only four characters: Snow White, the Queen, the Narrator and the Prince. The seven dwarfs and the rest of the characters are children chosen from the audience who help the story unfold.
The cast includes Katie Scordato as Snow White, Barbara Rosenbalm as the Queen, Scott Chachula as the Narrator, and Don Grant Zellmer as the Prince.
Plenty of photo opportunities are available during the show, as well as after when the cast visits with the audience in the theatre lobby to celebrate Snow Whites birthday.
Admission is $12 per person, and reservations may be arranged by calling the Jubilee Theatre box office at (815) 229-4033 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays. Show time is 1 p.m. with seating starting at 12:30 p.m.