- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Kegel Harley-Davidson/Buell and the Rock River Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) put together yet another Biker Jam
Kegel Harley-Davidson/Buell and the Rock River Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) put together yet another Biker Jam June 10, (despite the cool temperatures). Those who came out to this annual festival grooved to Ernie & the Po Boys, stepped to Southern Heritage, and enjoyed delicious food from Damons Rib Wagon, Taylor Street Pizza and Schwans ice cream. Of course there was the charity ride, bike games, bike show, vendors to shop from and the announcement of the Harley raffle winner. All this fun, plus raising funds for Goldie Flobergs Center, what more could you ask for?
The more is the $4,000 that was raised at the Biker Jam by Kegels and the Harley Owners Group for Goldie Floberg Childrens Center.
The check was presented to Dan and Jan Pennell, of the Goldie Floberg Center, Tuesday, Sept. 19, by Kegel Harley-Davidson/Buell & the Rock River Harley Owners Group.
It takes a lot of energy and numerous volunteers to produce the Biker Jam each year, but you dont mind when you know its for the children, said Cheri McNeff, PR/event coordinator for Kegels. Besides being a good cause, its always so much fun!
From the Oct. 4-10, 2006, issue