- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Kegel Harley-Davidson/Buell and the Rock River Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) put together yet another Biker Jam
Kegel Harley-Davidson/Buell and the Rock River Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) put together yet another Biker Jam June 10, (despite the cool temperatures). Those who came out to this annual festival grooved to Ernie & the Po Boys, stepped to Southern Heritage, and enjoyed delicious food from Damons Rib Wagon, Taylor Street Pizza and Schwans ice cream. Of course there was the charity ride, bike games, bike show, vendors to shop from and the announcement of the Harley raffle winner. All this fun, plus raising funds for Goldie Flobergs Center, what more could you ask for?
The more is the $4,000 that was raised at the Biker Jam by Kegels and the Harley Owners Group for Goldie Floberg Childrens Center.
The check was presented to Dan and Jan Pennell, of the Goldie Floberg Center, Tuesday, Sept. 19, by Kegel Harley-Davidson/Buell & the Rock River Harley Owners Group.
It takes a lot of energy and numerous volunteers to produce the Biker Jam each year, but you dont mind when you know its for the children, said Cheri McNeff, PR/event coordinator for Kegels. Besides being a good cause, its always so much fun!
From the Oct. 4-10, 2006, issue