- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Klehm Arboretum announces raffle winners
Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden is pleased to announce the following Hot Fun in the Summer raffle winners. Winner of the
Grand Prize, $3,500 water garden, donated by Natural Water Gardens, Inc., based in Freeport, is John R. Cook Associates. Second Prize winner is Audrey Jansen, receiving an $800 package, including a wrought iron patio set from Village Green Home & Garden, patio container gardens from Tylers Landscaping, Inc. and a catered dinner for four from River District Café. Third Prize winner is Paul R. Ingrassia, receiving a $575 package including a Broll King Regal gas grill from Benson Stone Company and a $25 meat certificate from Countryside Meats & Deli, Inc.
The winning tickets were drawn Sunday, Aug. 10 at the final Wood Song concert of the season. Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden sincerely thanks all who purchased tickets. Proceeds benefit the educational programs at Klehm.