- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Klehm Arboretum announces raffle winners
Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden is pleased to announce the following Hot Fun in the Summer raffle winners. Winner of the
Grand Prize, $3,500 water garden, donated by Natural Water Gardens, Inc., based in Freeport, is John R. Cook Associates. Second Prize winner is Audrey Jansen, receiving an $800 package, including a wrought iron patio set from Village Green Home & Garden, patio container gardens from Tylers Landscaping, Inc. and a catered dinner for four from River District Café. Third Prize winner is Paul R. Ingrassia, receiving a $575 package including a Broll King Regal gas grill from Benson Stone Company and a $25 meat certificate from Countryside Meats & Deli, Inc.
The winning tickets were drawn Sunday, Aug. 10 at the final Wood Song concert of the season. Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden sincerely thanks all who purchased tickets. Proceeds benefit the educational programs at Klehm.