- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Lightning seeking youths to be ball kids
The Rockford Lightning is looking for youths to play basketball games before Bolts home games and to be ball kids for the team.
Boys and girls between the ages of 9 and 14 are eligible to participate as ball kids, who are required to be available for all Lightning home games. Ball kids must be at the arena two hours before tip-off time and have some basketball knowledge. The Lightning season runs from November to March.
Duties for selected ball kids will include assisting in game preparation, helping the trainer, rebounding for players before games and keeping the game floor clear of debris during the game.
If interested, call Derek Hatfield at (815) 874-4232. Teams who want to play before Lightning games should call Alexis Rivera at the same number.
The Lightning open its home schedule against the Gary Steelheads on Nov. 21. Season ticket packages now are available, starting as low as $63.