- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Lightning seeking youths to be ball kids
The Rockford Lightning is looking for youths to play basketball games before Bolts home games and to be ball kids for the team.
Boys and girls between the ages of 9 and 14 are eligible to participate as ball kids, who are required to be available for all Lightning home games. Ball kids must be at the arena two hours before tip-off time and have some basketball knowledge. The Lightning season runs from November to March.
Duties for selected ball kids will include assisting in game preparation, helping the trainer, rebounding for players before games and keeping the game floor clear of debris during the game.
If interested, call Derek Hatfield at (815) 874-4232. Teams who want to play before Lightning games should call Alexis Rivera at the same number.
The Lightning open its home schedule against the Gary Steelheads on Nov. 21. Season ticket packages now are available, starting as low as $63.