- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Lightning seeking youths to be ball kids
The Rockford Lightning is looking for youths to play basketball games before Bolts home games and to be ball kids for the team.
Boys and girls between the ages of 9 and 14 are eligible to participate as ball kids, who are required to be available for all Lightning home games. Ball kids must be at the arena two hours before tip-off time and have some basketball knowledge. The Lightning season runs from November to March.
Duties for selected ball kids will include assisting in game preparation, helping the trainer, rebounding for players before games and keeping the game floor clear of debris during the game.
If interested, call Derek Hatfield at (815) 874-4232. Teams who want to play before Lightning games should call Alexis Rivera at the same number.
The Lightning open its home schedule against the Gary Steelheads on Nov. 21. Season ticket packages now are available, starting as low as $63.