- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Live at the Club at On the Waterfront
On the Waterfront Festival is searching for Rockfords next teen superstar! Can you dance, sing, or astonish the spectators with your flair? Dont miss this opportunity to showcase your talent at this years On the Waterfront Festival, Labor Day weekend at Live at the Club. The Live at the Club contest invites you to compete for cash prizes between 7:30 and 11:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 30. All chosen contestants will perform one three-minute selection, and audience response will decide the winners.
Eligible performers must be 13-19 years of age and reside within a 30-mile radius of Rockford. Entries will be evaluated by the Live at the Club Selection Committee and notified by mail if they are selected to compete. Teens interested in applying for the Live at the Club competition must submit a CD, tape, or VHS tape of two songs that best represent your performing act. Artists should also submit a brief bio with their CD or tape.
Teens who wish to enter the competition must submit a completed application along with a CD, tape, or VHS tape of their performance and bio information to the On the Waterfront office by 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 8. Also, you can download the application online at www.onthewaterfront.com. Winners will be contacted by letter with specific information regarding their performance.
Please contact the On the Waterfront office at 964-4388, ext. 28, if you have any questions. Check out the Web site at www.onthewaterfront.com for more information on Live at the Club and the upcoming 2003 On the Waterfront Festival.