- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Lulas Vintage Boutique opens on State Street
Lulas Vintage Boutique, 221A E. State St. (above Waldows), has opened in the downtown River District. Lulas is an eclectic boutique with a mixture of new and vintage fashions, gifts and accessories. The store offers a varied selection of vintage (and not so vintage) fashions from the 1920s to present.
Lulas is the collaboration of two minds: a Lu…(Luan Dean) and a La…(Lauretta Rundgren).
Downtown Rockford was the perfect place to open Lulas, Dean said. We both love the downtown area and want to see it thrive.
Rundgren said, The boutique is a mixture of vintage and new items with a shabby chic feel that is the fashion hit now.
Dean said: Lulas is not your typical boutiqueits not only a shopping experience, its a whole new attitude. We want women to not only look good but also feel good about themselves.
Some items available at Lulas include the following (Note: inventory is always changing): Vintage fashions, purses, scarves, shoes, hats, jewelry, gloves, antiques, new sterling silver jewelry, note cards, frames, gifts, and, coming soon, lotion, bath essentials and soaps.
Visit www.LulasVintage.com for hours and information, or call 962-LULA (5852). July hours are as follows: 6-9 p.m. Thursday; 6-10 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Parking is available on the street, behind the Capri restaurant or in the public lot on State Street near the Water Street Cafe.