- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Luther Bible College offers courses in Spanish
Luther Bible College in downtown Rockford has announced that it will be teaching selected courses in the Spanish language.
Two courses are being offered in Spanish during the fall term beginning Aug. 25 and will be taught by two Hispanic pastors. Discovering the Bible, Part 1 will be taught by the Rev. Carlos Catalan, pastor of El Redenter Iglesia Ev. Lutherana (Redeemer Lutheran Church, 827 16th St., Rockford). How to Study the Bible will be taught by the Rev. Gilberto Gonzalez, a graduate of Instituto Teologico, Chicago.
Dr. David L. Powers, president of Luther Bible College, said a shorter course of study taught in Spanish is being considered where a student could earn a certificate in Bible knowledge. Such a course of study, said Dr. Powers, would be attractive both to pastors and lay people, such as Sunday school teachers, congregational leaders, and those wanting a structured approach to their personal development in the Christian faith.
The courses will be taught at the same level with the same requirements as the regular curriculum, Powers said. To assist the older student, we may use more audio-visuals in class lectures and use a student workbook approach. We want the student who may be unfamiliar with the formal classroom to make the adjustment successfully and finish the course with a good sense of accomplishment.
Luther Bible College is in downtown Rockford at 625 E. Jefferson St. Students represent a wide range of religious tradition. For more information, call 961-9673 or visit the Web site at www.LutherBible.org.