- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Main Street Players of Boone County announce season
Main Street Players of Boone County announce their 2004-05 season of shows and the sale of season subscriptions.
The season opens with A Night to Shine, the 10th annual variety showcase featuring all kinds of talents by performers of all ages at 8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 21. Tickets are $5 for adults and children.
The Cemetery Club is a whimsical and touching drama/comedy about three friends who have four things in common: theyre women; theyre Jewish; they all live in Queens, N.Y.; theyre all widowed; and they all manage to keep their relationships with one anotherand a man whom they meet when they visit their dead husbands gravesintact. Performances are set for Nov. 12-14 and Nov. 19-21.
Rodgers & HartA Celebration is a musical revue that combines the best of shows that were produced on Broadway, in Los Angeles and in Chicago. Youll hum along with the cast! Performances are Feb. 11-13 and Feb. 18-20.
Ten Little Indians is an Agatha Christie classic murder mystery. An unknown host invites eight guests to a home where 10 little Indians stand on the mantle of a fireplace. When an Indian topples off the mantle, a guest dies. Whos doing it? Performances are May 13-15 and May 20-22.
Season subscriptions for all four performances are $25 for seniors and students or $30 for adults. Those subscribing can attend the performance of their choice and receive reserved seating at each performance.
All performances will be at the Community Building Complex of Boone County at 111 W. First St. in Belvidere.
To purchase season subscriptions, call the Main Street Players of Boone County at (815) 229-4444.