- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
May 16 eventTraining is Like a Fine Wine
The Rock Valley Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (RV-ASTD) will host a unique event that will be presented by Howard Silverstein, owner of Basil Café and instructor of various wine tasting and appreciation series. Price includes tasting of several wines and appetizers as the group learns about wines and makes their own connections between how training is like a fine wine.
Pre-registration is required. Fee is $15 members and $20 non-members. For additional information and to Register, please go online at www.managersforum.com/RVASTD/Events.asp or call Jodi at 815-233-4246.
from the May 2-8, 2007, issue