- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
May 16 eventTraining is Like a Fine Wine
The Rock Valley Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (RV-ASTD) will host a unique event that will be presented by Howard Silverstein, owner of Basil Café and instructor of various wine tasting and appreciation series. Price includes tasting of several wines and appetizers as the group learns about wines and makes their own connections between how training is like a fine wine.
Pre-registration is required. Fee is $15 members and $20 non-members. For additional information and to Register, please go online at www.managersforum.com/RVASTD/Events.asp or call Jodi at 815-233-4246.
from the May 2-8, 2007, issue