- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
May 16 eventTraining is Like a Fine Wine
The Rock Valley Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (RV-ASTD) will host a unique event that will be presented by Howard Silverstein, owner of Basil Café and instructor of various wine tasting and appreciation series. Price includes tasting of several wines and appetizers as the group learns about wines and makes their own connections between how training is like a fine wine.
Pre-registration is required. Fee is $15 members and $20 non-members. For additional information and to Register, please go online at www.managersforum.com/RVASTD/Events.asp or call Jodi at 815-233-4246.
from the May 2-8, 2007, issue