- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Naturally Rockford: Alpha plans chili cookout, potluck
Sponsored by the OSF Saint Anthony Auxiliary, Alpha is a free social support group for widowed people of all ages.
Alpha will hold its annual Chili Cookout from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 17, at shelters 1 and 2 in Sinnissippi Park. The cost is $4 per person. Participants are asked to bring their own bowl and spoon.
The monthly Alpha potluck will be held beginning with a social hour at 6:30 p.m., on Saturday, Sept. 24, in the Foundation Room across from the Café at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Gentlemen are requested to bring drinks or snacks. Ladies are asked to bring a dish to pass or dessert that will serve eight people. Alpha membership is not required to attend the potluck.
There are no dues for joining Alpha, and registration is not required. All widowed persons are welcome to attend the activities.
For more information, call June at 815-654-1845 or Lois at 815-633-9530.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2005, issue