- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Naturally Rockford: Alpha plans chili cookout, potluck
Sponsored by the OSF Saint Anthony Auxiliary, Alpha is a free social support group for widowed people of all ages.
Alpha will hold its annual Chili Cookout from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 17, at shelters 1 and 2 in Sinnissippi Park. The cost is $4 per person. Participants are asked to bring their own bowl and spoon.
The monthly Alpha potluck will be held beginning with a social hour at 6:30 p.m., on Saturday, Sept. 24, in the Foundation Room across from the Café at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Gentlemen are requested to bring drinks or snacks. Ladies are asked to bring a dish to pass or dessert that will serve eight people. Alpha membership is not required to attend the potluck.
There are no dues for joining Alpha, and registration is not required. All widowed persons are welcome to attend the activities.
For more information, call June at 815-654-1845 or Lois at 815-633-9530.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2005, issue