- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Naturally Rockford: Alpha plans chili cookout, potluck
Sponsored by the OSF Saint Anthony Auxiliary, Alpha is a free social support group for widowed people of all ages.
Alpha will hold its annual Chili Cookout from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 17, at shelters 1 and 2 in Sinnissippi Park. The cost is $4 per person. Participants are asked to bring their own bowl and spoon.
The monthly Alpha potluck will be held beginning with a social hour at 6:30 p.m., on Saturday, Sept. 24, in the Foundation Room across from the Café at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Gentlemen are requested to bring drinks or snacks. Ladies are asked to bring a dish to pass or dessert that will serve eight people. Alpha membership is not required to attend the potluck.
There are no dues for joining Alpha, and registration is not required. All widowed persons are welcome to attend the activities.
For more information, call June at 815-654-1845 or Lois at 815-633-9530.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2005, issue