- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Naturally Rockford: Alpha plans chili cookout, potluck
Sponsored by the OSF Saint Anthony Auxiliary, Alpha is a free social support group for widowed people of all ages.
Alpha will hold its annual Chili Cookout from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 17, at shelters 1 and 2 in Sinnissippi Park. The cost is $4 per person. Participants are asked to bring their own bowl and spoon.
The monthly Alpha potluck will be held beginning with a social hour at 6:30 p.m., on Saturday, Sept. 24, in the Foundation Room across from the Café at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Gentlemen are requested to bring drinks or snacks. Ladies are asked to bring a dish to pass or dessert that will serve eight people. Alpha membership is not required to attend the potluck.
There are no dues for joining Alpha, and registration is not required. All widowed persons are welcome to attend the activities.
For more information, call June at 815-654-1845 or Lois at 815-633-9530.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2005, issue