- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Naturally Rockford: Alpha plans chili cookout, potluck
Sponsored by the OSF Saint Anthony Auxiliary, Alpha is a free social support group for widowed people of all ages.
Alpha will hold its annual Chili Cookout from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 17, at shelters 1 and 2 in Sinnissippi Park. The cost is $4 per person. Participants are asked to bring their own bowl and spoon.
The monthly Alpha potluck will be held beginning with a social hour at 6:30 p.m., on Saturday, Sept. 24, in the Foundation Room across from the Café at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Gentlemen are requested to bring drinks or snacks. Ladies are asked to bring a dish to pass or dessert that will serve eight people. Alpha membership is not required to attend the potluck.
There are no dues for joining Alpha, and registration is not required. All widowed persons are welcome to attend the activities.
For more information, call June at 815-654-1845 or Lois at 815-633-9530.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2005, issue