- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
New Italian language immersion camp in U.S.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is pleased to announce the establishment of Lago del Bosco, the new Italian language and culture immersion camp at the Language Villages of Concordia College in Minnesota.
The program at Lago del Bosco will be offered during the summer of 2003 for two separate groups: July 28 to Aug. 9 for ages 12 to 18 and Aug. 11 to 23 for ages 8 to 14. NIAF will offer scholarships to students on a financial need basis to attend the camp.
The culturally authentic camp atmosphere at Lago del Bosco will help young people learn about all aspects of Italian life, history and culture. Participants will speak Italian over breakfast, lunch and dinner and will also learn about Italian music, dance, art, cuisine and sports. The students will leave with a better understanding of the Italian language and culture and a greater appreciation of our global community.
For more information, call Gene Fedeli at 877-2888 or visit the Web site: www.niaf.org/concordia; fill out the form on the site to receive a full package of information on this exciting program.