- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
New Italian language immersion camp in U.S.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is pleased to announce the establishment of Lago del Bosco, the new Italian language and culture immersion camp at the Language Villages of Concordia College in Minnesota.
The program at Lago del Bosco will be offered during the summer of 2003 for two separate groups: July 28 to Aug. 9 for ages 12 to 18 and Aug. 11 to 23 for ages 8 to 14. NIAF will offer scholarships to students on a financial need basis to attend the camp.
The culturally authentic camp atmosphere at Lago del Bosco will help young people learn about all aspects of Italian life, history and culture. Participants will speak Italian over breakfast, lunch and dinner and will also learn about Italian music, dance, art, cuisine and sports. The students will leave with a better understanding of the Italian language and culture and a greater appreciation of our global community.
For more information, call Gene Fedeli at 877-2888 or visit the Web site: www.niaf.org/concordia; fill out the form on the site to receive a full package of information on this exciting program.