- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
OSF Hospice of Rockford offers volunteer training
OSF Hospice, a division of OSF Home Care, is offering a volunteer training session from 5:30 to 8 p.m. beginning Wednesday, April 25, at OSF Home Care, 6122 Mulford Village.
The sessions will be on four consecutive Wednesdays and last approximately two-and-a-half hours, depending on the type of training the volunteers require.
Hospice volunteers have many different opportunities. They can help the terminally ill and their families by reading to patients, taking care of young children, helping with housework, running errands or assisting in any way they can to ease the journey for the dying and their families.
Volunteers are also needed to help in the office at OSF Hospice.
OSF Hospice volunteers are needed in Winnebago, Boone, McHenry, Stephenson and Ogle counties.
Only a limited number of volunteers can be accepted into the training sessions. Call 815-395-6013, extension 8256, for information and registration for the sessions.
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and OSF Home Care are owned and operated by OSF HealthCare, an affiliate corporation of The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria.
The Web site is www.osfhealth.com.
from the April 25-May 1, 2007, issue