- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Outdoors Expo at Indoor Sports Center March 2-4
If you are starting to succumb to cabin fever, Ive got the cure for you. Its not some goofy mail-order artificial light from late-night TV. This is way better. Its an actual opportunity to experience the great outdoors, no matter how nasty or gloomy the weather.
The Northern Illinois Fishing and Outdoors Expo makes its annual return to the Indoor Sports Center at 8800 E. Riverside Blvd. The show runs this Friday-Sunday, March 2-4. Doors open Friday at 4 p.m., and the activity continues until 8 p.m. Saturdays hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, the show runs 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tickets to the expo are $6 for adults and free for children younger than 12. A pass for all three days is $10.
Some of the highlights of this years expo include rock-bottom pricing on a selection of fishing boats. Free seminars will be offered by fishing experts such as Jack Burns, Rob Kimm, Chase Parson, Mark Boyd, Dan Busch, Spence Petros and Bob Mehsikomer. A musky fishing question and answer roundtable will be presented by Next Bite/ESOX Angler magazine.
This show is an excellent place to get information about the hottest fishing camps, resorts, charters and guides throughout the Midwest and Canada. Jim Hess, from Hess Taxidermy, will also be in attendance and have on display an impressive collection of replica muskies.
Anyone looking to cure that cabin fever or the winter blues can get more information at www.showtimeproduction.net or by calling 815-877-8043. See you at the show!
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Feb. 28-March 6, 2007, issue