- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Outdoors Expo at Indoor Sports Center March 2-4
If you are starting to succumb to cabin fever, Ive got the cure for you. Its not some goofy mail-order artificial light from late-night TV. This is way better. Its an actual opportunity to experience the great outdoors, no matter how nasty or gloomy the weather.
The Northern Illinois Fishing and Outdoors Expo makes its annual return to the Indoor Sports Center at 8800 E. Riverside Blvd. The show runs this Friday-Sunday, March 2-4. Doors open Friday at 4 p.m., and the activity continues until 8 p.m. Saturdays hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, the show runs 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tickets to the expo are $6 for adults and free for children younger than 12. A pass for all three days is $10.
Some of the highlights of this years expo include rock-bottom pricing on a selection of fishing boats. Free seminars will be offered by fishing experts such as Jack Burns, Rob Kimm, Chase Parson, Mark Boyd, Dan Busch, Spence Petros and Bob Mehsikomer. A musky fishing question and answer roundtable will be presented by Next Bite/ESOX Angler magazine.
This show is an excellent place to get information about the hottest fishing camps, resorts, charters and guides throughout the Midwest and Canada. Jim Hess, from Hess Taxidermy, will also be in attendance and have on display an impressive collection of replica muskies.
Anyone looking to cure that cabin fever or the winter blues can get more information at www.showtimeproduction.net or by calling 815-877-8043. See you at the show!
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Feb. 28-March 6, 2007, issue