- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Park District assists Kids Enrichment Center
The Rockford Park District has responded to an emergency need situation for the Whiz Kids Enrichment Center. Whiz Kids was no longer able to stay at its West State Street location and needed temporary premises to continue providing day care services. The park district has agreed to lease the vacant Fairgrounds Day Care Center building in Fairgrounds Park for the next few months to Whiz Kids.
District staff are creating a process to determine the long-term use of the building, and the board of commissioners will be accepting proposals from groups and organizations interested in occupying the building in the near future.
Several groups have already indicated an interest in applying for consideration, and there will be an open and public process in making any selection, assured Tim Dimke, chief operating officer. An emergency situation arose with the Whiz Kids Enrichment Center, and we were able to fill a critical need for the short term while helping this program be delivered in a neighborhood of great need.
Organizations wishing to receive notice and information on the evaluation process for the best use of the vacant building should contact Jan Lockwood at 987-8855.