- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Park District assists Kids Enrichment Center
The Rockford Park District has responded to an emergency need situation for the Whiz Kids Enrichment Center. Whiz Kids was no longer able to stay at its West State Street location and needed temporary premises to continue providing day care services. The park district has agreed to lease the vacant Fairgrounds Day Care Center building in Fairgrounds Park for the next few months to Whiz Kids.
District staff are creating a process to determine the long-term use of the building, and the board of commissioners will be accepting proposals from groups and organizations interested in occupying the building in the near future.
Several groups have already indicated an interest in applying for consideration, and there will be an open and public process in making any selection, assured Tim Dimke, chief operating officer. An emergency situation arose with the Whiz Kids Enrichment Center, and we were able to fill a critical need for the short term while helping this program be delivered in a neighborhood of great need.
Organizations wishing to receive notice and information on the evaluation process for the best use of the vacant building should contact Jan Lockwood at 987-8855.