- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Park District recognized for financial reporting excellence
The Rockford Park District has again been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management.
In 23 years, the Rockford Park District has been recognized 19 times for excellence in financial reporting. There are more than 7,200 units of local government in Illinois, and only 223 (roughly 3 percent) received this award last year. The GFOA is a non-profit professional association serving approximately 14,000 government finance professionals, with offices in Chicago Ill., and Washington, D.C.
An Award of Financial Reporting Achievement has been awarded to Maria Forrest, sr. manager of Financial Services and her staff for preparing the documentation for the award-winning annual financial report.
From the March 29-April 4, 2006, issue