- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Park District recognized for financial reporting excellence
The Rockford Park District has again been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management.
In 23 years, the Rockford Park District has been recognized 19 times for excellence in financial reporting. There are more than 7,200 units of local government in Illinois, and only 223 (roughly 3 percent) received this award last year. The GFOA is a non-profit professional association serving approximately 14,000 government finance professionals, with offices in Chicago Ill., and Washington, D.C.
An Award of Financial Reporting Achievement has been awarded to Maria Forrest, sr. manager of Financial Services and her staff for preparing the documentation for the award-winning annual financial report.
From the March 29-April 4, 2006, issue