- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Park District: Summer fun free for kids
Rockford Park District invites youth ages 5-12 from around the community to the free Summer Fun Dayz Too drop-in program at Washington Park Community Recreation Center. Participants will enjoy planned activities including sports, games, computer use, arts and crafts, and weekly field trips, as well as a new summer arts program including dance, visual arts, and drama; lunch and a snack are provided daily. Once registered, participants can attend when they wish, and stay for all or some of the activities, Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., June 13-Aug. 12. Minor fees will be charged for field trips and special events. Registration is underway at the Center, 3617 Delaware St., Rockford, during operating hours, and continues until capacity is reached. For more program and/or disability support information, call 987-1600 (voice/TTY).
From the June 1-7, 2005, issue