- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Park District: Summer fun free for kids
Rockford Park District invites youth ages 5-12 from around the community to the free Summer Fun Dayz Too drop-in program at Washington Park Community Recreation Center. Participants will enjoy planned activities including sports, games, computer use, arts and crafts, and weekly field trips, as well as a new summer arts program including dance, visual arts, and drama; lunch and a snack are provided daily. Once registered, participants can attend when they wish, and stay for all or some of the activities, Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., June 13-Aug. 12. Minor fees will be charged for field trips and special events. Registration is underway at the Center, 3617 Delaware St., Rockford, during operating hours, and continues until capacity is reached. For more program and/or disability support information, call 987-1600 (voice/TTY).
From the June 1-7, 2005, issue