- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Park District: Summer fun free for kids
Rockford Park District invites youth ages 5-12 from around the community to the free Summer Fun Dayz Too drop-in program at Washington Park Community Recreation Center. Participants will enjoy planned activities including sports, games, computer use, arts and crafts, and weekly field trips, as well as a new summer arts program including dance, visual arts, and drama; lunch and a snack are provided daily. Once registered, participants can attend when they wish, and stay for all or some of the activities, Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., June 13-Aug. 12. Minor fees will be charged for field trips and special events. Registration is underway at the Center, 3617 Delaware St., Rockford, during operating hours, and continues until capacity is reached. For more program and/or disability support information, call 987-1600 (voice/TTY).
From the June 1-7, 2005, issue