- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Park District: Summer fun free for kids
Rockford Park District invites youth ages 5-12 from around the community to the free Summer Fun Dayz Too drop-in program at Washington Park Community Recreation Center. Participants will enjoy planned activities including sports, games, computer use, arts and crafts, and weekly field trips, as well as a new summer arts program including dance, visual arts, and drama; lunch and a snack are provided daily. Once registered, participants can attend when they wish, and stay for all or some of the activities, Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., June 13-Aug. 12. Minor fees will be charged for field trips and special events. Registration is underway at the Center, 3617 Delaware St., Rockford, during operating hours, and continues until capacity is reached. For more program and/or disability support information, call 987-1600 (voice/TTY).
From the June 1-7, 2005, issue