- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Pregnancy care center on W. State
Stateline volunteers are joining forces to renovate 611 W. State St. in Rockford to be used as a pregnancy care center. The west-side project will be an extension of the Rockford Area Pregnancy Care Center on Broadway.
Were very fortunate to have some very committed people volunteering their time for this worthwhile cause, said volunteer general contractor Nelson Sjostrom, a real estate agent with Century 21 Country North. State Senator Dave Syverson assisted in obtaining a grant to purchase the building, and the rest of the project was funded through personal and corporate donations.
The project started in March and is slated for completion this fall, completely renovating the building and adding to the revitalization of the west side.
Sjostroms efforts are part of Century 21 Country Norths philosophy of giving back to the community. Sjostrom joined the 26-year-old realty firm in 2001. The company has six offices with more than 120 agents.