- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Pregnancy care center on W. State
Stateline volunteers are joining forces to renovate 611 W. State St. in Rockford to be used as a pregnancy care center. The west-side project will be an extension of the Rockford Area Pregnancy Care Center on Broadway.
Were very fortunate to have some very committed people volunteering their time for this worthwhile cause, said volunteer general contractor Nelson Sjostrom, a real estate agent with Century 21 Country North. State Senator Dave Syverson assisted in obtaining a grant to purchase the building, and the rest of the project was funded through personal and corporate donations.
The project started in March and is slated for completion this fall, completely renovating the building and adding to the revitalization of the west side.
Sjostroms efforts are part of Century 21 Country Norths philosophy of giving back to the community. Sjostrom joined the 26-year-old realty firm in 2001. The company has six offices with more than 120 agents.