- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Pregnancy care center on W. State
Stateline volunteers are joining forces to renovate 611 W. State St. in Rockford to be used as a pregnancy care center. The west-side project will be an extension of the Rockford Area Pregnancy Care Center on Broadway.
Were very fortunate to have some very committed people volunteering their time for this worthwhile cause, said volunteer general contractor Nelson Sjostrom, a real estate agent with Century 21 Country North. State Senator Dave Syverson assisted in obtaining a grant to purchase the building, and the rest of the project was funded through personal and corporate donations.
The project started in March and is slated for completion this fall, completely renovating the building and adding to the revitalization of the west side.
Sjostroms efforts are part of Century 21 Country Norths philosophy of giving back to the community. Sjostrom joined the 26-year-old realty firm in 2001. The company has six offices with more than 120 agents.