- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Ra lights up Elixur
Stealing their name not so much from the deity, but from the representation of the sun, New Yorks RA will bring Pantera-like rock mixed with a Justin Timberlake vocal range to Elixur, Friday July 25. The band consists of Sahaj Ticotin on guitar and lead vocals, Skoota Warner on drums, Ben Carroll on guitar and Sean Corcoran on bass.
Naming the band RA wasnt about tying it with the Egyptians, said Ticotin. It was more about the actual sun god. The solar system and our planets ecosystem is completely dependent upon the sun. Plus, its a fiery, passionate image. This coherent explanation comes from a guy who sings like a eunuch, but writes music that sounds like Metallica albums shot out of a cannon.
Check out NYCs up and coming pseudo-intellectual hard rock group at Elixur this Friday, previewed by Double Drive and Presence. Doors open at 7 p.m., show starts at 10 p.m., and the cover is $5. For information, call 227-9000.