- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Ra lights up Elixur
Stealing their name not so much from the deity, but from the representation of the sun, New Yorks RA will bring Pantera-like rock mixed with a Justin Timberlake vocal range to Elixur, Friday July 25. The band consists of Sahaj Ticotin on guitar and lead vocals, Skoota Warner on drums, Ben Carroll on guitar and Sean Corcoran on bass.
Naming the band RA wasnt about tying it with the Egyptians, said Ticotin. It was more about the actual sun god. The solar system and our planets ecosystem is completely dependent upon the sun. Plus, its a fiery, passionate image. This coherent explanation comes from a guy who sings like a eunuch, but writes music that sounds like Metallica albums shot out of a cannon.
Check out NYCs up and coming pseudo-intellectual hard rock group at Elixur this Friday, previewed by Double Drive and Presence. Doors open at 7 p.m., show starts at 10 p.m., and the cover is $5. For information, call 227-9000.