- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Ra lights up Elixur
Stealing their name not so much from the deity, but from the representation of the sun, New Yorks RA will bring Pantera-like rock mixed with a Justin Timberlake vocal range to Elixur, Friday July 25. The band consists of Sahaj Ticotin on guitar and lead vocals, Skoota Warner on drums, Ben Carroll on guitar and Sean Corcoran on bass.
Naming the band RA wasnt about tying it with the Egyptians, said Ticotin. It was more about the actual sun god. The solar system and our planets ecosystem is completely dependent upon the sun. Plus, its a fiery, passionate image. This coherent explanation comes from a guy who sings like a eunuch, but writes music that sounds like Metallica albums shot out of a cannon.
Check out NYCs up and coming pseudo-intellectual hard rock group at Elixur this Friday, previewed by Double Drive and Presence. Doors open at 7 p.m., show starts at 10 p.m., and the cover is $5. For information, call 227-9000.