- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Ra lights up Elixur
Stealing their name not so much from the deity, but from the representation of the sun, New Yorks RA will bring Pantera-like rock mixed with a Justin Timberlake vocal range to Elixur, Friday July 25. The band consists of Sahaj Ticotin on guitar and lead vocals, Skoota Warner on drums, Ben Carroll on guitar and Sean Corcoran on bass.
Naming the band RA wasnt about tying it with the Egyptians, said Ticotin. It was more about the actual sun god. The solar system and our planets ecosystem is completely dependent upon the sun. Plus, its a fiery, passionate image. This coherent explanation comes from a guy who sings like a eunuch, but writes music that sounds like Metallica albums shot out of a cannon.
Check out NYCs up and coming pseudo-intellectual hard rock group at Elixur this Friday, previewed by Double Drive and Presence. Doors open at 7 p.m., show starts at 10 p.m., and the cover is $5. For information, call 227-9000.