Rock River Times Photo Contest
The photographic image touches each of us every day. Such images are on television, the movie screen, and in magazines, newspapers, and in our memories. Yet how much of what we see is thought provoking, artistic, or simply beautiful?
We would like to see more of these characteristics in the images around us. To promote the creative image and the talented artists in our area, The Rock River Times is holding a photography contest, open to anyone who reads the paper. A top prize of $100 goes to the best image, $50 to second place and $25 to third place. All winners will be published in The Times as well as any of the other entries that receive an Honorable Mention.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
1) Photographs may be no larger than 8 x 10
2) May be either color print or black & white (no slides please). Just a reminder, your work will be printed in black and white only in the paper.
3) To promote creative, honest artistic endeavor; the subject matter will remain open. Any image will be accepted.
4) Entries cannot be returned.
5) Decision of the judge is final.
6) Entries can be mailed or dropped off at 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101 by April 23, 2003. Judging will take place the following week. Winners will be notified by phone.
7) Include your name and phone number, and title on the back of each entry, as well as any biographical information you wish to have published with your work.
8) Limit of three entries per artist please.
Good luck to all who enter. We look forward to seeing the areas talent shine!