- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rock Valley Anglers welcome Joe Puccio Aug. 8
In keeping with their tradition of bringing great guest speakers to town to talk about fishing, the Rock Valley Anglers are having Joe Puccio at their meeting this evening (Wednesday, Aug. 8). Puccio is in town to address the members of the club and their guests. Non-members are invited to attend the meeting for a $5 fee. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at the Hoffman House Restaurant in the Holiday Inn at the corner of East State Street and Bell School Road in Rockford.
Puccio has more than 50 years of experience fishing the Madison Chain of Lakes. He is considered a multi-species fishing authority. He pioneered open-water drifting for panfish and was named Mr. Drift by In-Fisherman magazine. He is president of Bait Rigs Tackle with 20 years of experience in the business of tackle design and manufacturing. In addition to his speaking engagements at seminars throughout the Midwest, he has written articles for In-Fisherman, Midwest Outdoors and many other publications. He holds numerous patents and trademarks on his fishing tackle designs.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
from the August 8-14, 2007, issue