- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Rock Valley College hosts Sept. 11 observance
Local leaders unite to honor third anniversary of 9/11
Rock Valley College and the Rockford Interfaith Council are collaborating to observe the third anniversary of the tragic events of 9/11. A ceremony will be held at the Bengt Sjostrom Theatre on RVCs main campus, Saturday, Sept. 11.
The informal part of the ceremony will include the planting of trees in the Peace Gardens located near the theater stage, followed by a call for prayer, chanting and ringing of the bells by the Buddhist monks, sitar and other music.
The formal ceremony will be held from 8:30 to 10 a.m., and will include remarks from RVC Executive Vice President for Learning Services Cheryl Krakow; Rockford Mayor Doug Scott; presentations by various faith groups in the area and by RVC faculty, students and staff.
The keynote speaker is Dr. Dilipsinh Vedalankar, Ph.D., who will speak on Gathering Our Visions of World Peace.
For more information: RVC Professor Kanwal Prashar, (815) 921-3390, or RVC Director of Communications Mike Robinson, (815) 921-4517.