- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Autism Spectrum Parent Group presents Viable Health & Diet Alernatives for Children with autism or ADHD
Event features Betsy Hicks, co-founder of Pathways Medical Advocates, Feb. 23
The Rockford Autism Spectrum Parent Group presents health and wellness counselor Betsy Hicks, co-founder of Pathways Medical Advocates Thursday, Feb. 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the First Assembly of God, 5950 Spring Creek Rd., Rockford.
Hicks will share information about alternative treatments for children with autism and ADHD, including diet and biomedical therapies.
Author, radio host and nutritional video anchor, Hicks speaks nationally about dietary and holistic interventions for children with disabilities. The class is free and open to all but reservations are requested by calling 815-399-5262.
At Pathways, Hicks serves as wellness and diet counselor, coordinates its public education programs and oversees the day-to-day operations of this innovative whole health and chronic illness solutions practice.
Hicks can be heard interviewing guests or sharing information on a variety of health and wellness topics weekly on her national radio show broadcast on www.autismone.org/radio. Her passion for studying, finding and promoting alternative health solutions began years ago when her own son was diagnosed with autism.
Pathways Medical Advocates
Pathways Medical Advocates, 5411 Highway 50, Delavan, is committed to returning health and balance to the many lives that it touches each day. From chronic illness solutions and whole body wellness, Pathways is southeast Wisconsins foremost integrative, holistic health, medical and wellness center. The certified, trained and caring professionals at Pathways offer customized, thorough and safe services in medicine, naturopathy, psychological, therapeutic massage, acupuncture and more. Pathways also features an on-site holistic grocery store with gluten-free and dairy-free products as well as supplements, essential oils and homeopathic remedies. For information, call 262-740-3000 or visit www.pathwaysmed.com.
From the Feb. 22-28, 2006, issue