- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
Rockford Chamber Leadership teams with non-profit for golf event
Leadership Rockford and Childrens Home & Aid are teaming to help MotherHouse Crisis Nursery. Four members of Leadership Rockford, a program of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce, have selected Childrens Home & Aid as their charity of choice for which to help raise funds. And what better way than with a golf event to kick off the season?
The event, Swing, Putt, Win One For the Kids, will be Friday, May 11, at the Swanhills Golf Course, 2600 Gustafson Rd., Belvidere. This shotgun start, with a Scramble Format game, will begin with registration from 11 until 11:45 a.m., and include a cart, two drink tickets, dinner at 6 p.m. and prizes. The cost is $80 per person.
MotherHouse Crisis Nursery is a program of Childrens Home & Aid that provides 24/7 childcare of children in families with mental or medical crisis, homelessness and/or other stresses. The program is free and provides hot meals, clean beds, and a safe environment for newborn to 6-year-old children, parent counseling and resource referral services. For more information, contact Childrens Home & Aid at (815) 962-1043.
from the May 2-8, 2007, issue