- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Rockford Chamber Leadership teams with non-profit for golf event
Leadership Rockford and Childrens Home & Aid are teaming to help MotherHouse Crisis Nursery. Four members of Leadership Rockford, a program of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce, have selected Childrens Home & Aid as their charity of choice for which to help raise funds. And what better way than with a golf event to kick off the season?
The event, Swing, Putt, Win One For the Kids, will be Friday, May 11, at the Swanhills Golf Course, 2600 Gustafson Rd., Belvidere. This shotgun start, with a Scramble Format game, will begin with registration from 11 until 11:45 a.m., and include a cart, two drink tickets, dinner at 6 p.m. and prizes. The cost is $80 per person.
MotherHouse Crisis Nursery is a program of Childrens Home & Aid that provides 24/7 childcare of children in families with mental or medical crisis, homelessness and/or other stresses. The program is free and provides hot meals, clean beds, and a safe environment for newborn to 6-year-old children, parent counseling and resource referral services. For more information, contact Childrens Home & Aid at (815) 962-1043.
from the May 2-8, 2007, issue