- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Rockford Chamber Leadership teams with non-profit for golf event
Leadership Rockford and Childrens Home & Aid are teaming to help MotherHouse Crisis Nursery. Four members of Leadership Rockford, a program of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce, have selected Childrens Home & Aid as their charity of choice for which to help raise funds. And what better way than with a golf event to kick off the season?
The event, Swing, Putt, Win One For the Kids, will be Friday, May 11, at the Swanhills Golf Course, 2600 Gustafson Rd., Belvidere. This shotgun start, with a Scramble Format game, will begin with registration from 11 until 11:45 a.m., and include a cart, two drink tickets, dinner at 6 p.m. and prizes. The cost is $80 per person.
MotherHouse Crisis Nursery is a program of Childrens Home & Aid that provides 24/7 childcare of children in families with mental or medical crisis, homelessness and/or other stresses. The program is free and provides hot meals, clean beds, and a safe environment for newborn to 6-year-old children, parent counseling and resource referral services. For more information, contact Childrens Home & Aid at (815) 962-1043.
from the May 2-8, 2007, issue