- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rockford Chamber Leadership teams with non-profit for golf event
Leadership Rockford and Childrens Home & Aid are teaming to help MotherHouse Crisis Nursery. Four members of Leadership Rockford, a program of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce, have selected Childrens Home & Aid as their charity of choice for which to help raise funds. And what better way than with a golf event to kick off the season?
The event, Swing, Putt, Win One For the Kids, will be Friday, May 11, at the Swanhills Golf Course, 2600 Gustafson Rd., Belvidere. This shotgun start, with a Scramble Format game, will begin with registration from 11 until 11:45 a.m., and include a cart, two drink tickets, dinner at 6 p.m. and prizes. The cost is $80 per person.
MotherHouse Crisis Nursery is a program of Childrens Home & Aid that provides 24/7 childcare of children in families with mental or medical crisis, homelessness and/or other stresses. The program is free and provides hot meals, clean beds, and a safe environment for newborn to 6-year-old children, parent counseling and resource referral services. For more information, contact Childrens Home & Aid at (815) 962-1043.
from the May 2-8, 2007, issue