- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Rockford Chamber to honor Citizen of the Year
The Rockford Regional Chamber of Commerce will honor a citizen who has made an extraordinary contribution to the community with the first-ever Citizen of the Year Award. For the first time, the award will be open to non-Chamber members as well as to members.
The Citizen of the Year Award will be presented during the Chambers 2006 Annual Dinner Jan. 25 at Cliffbreakers.
Were looking for someone whos truly made a difference in the Rockford area, said Mike Broski, a Chamber board member and chairman of the committee that will decide the winner. This may be a person whos provided eyeglasses to the poor or donated dental services. It may be a person who goes unrecognized and provides services unnoticed by the community. It doesnt necessarily have to be someone whos given or raised a lot of money.
Broski and the award committee are seeking nominations for individual citizens in the Rockford area who have made extraordinary contributions to the welfare and progress of the community, generally over a period of years. This person need not be a member of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce.
Nomination forms are available at the Chambers Web site, www.rockfordchamber.com, or by calling the Rockford Chamber of Commerce at (815) 987-8100. The deadline for nominations is Jan. 15, 2006.
From the Dec. 28, 2005-Jan. 3, 2006, issue