- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rockford Chamber to honor Citizen of the Year
The Rockford Regional Chamber of Commerce will honor a citizen who has made an extraordinary contribution to the community with the first-ever Citizen of the Year Award. For the first time, the award will be open to non-Chamber members as well as to members.
The Citizen of the Year Award will be presented during the Chambers 2006 Annual Dinner Jan. 25 at Cliffbreakers.
Were looking for someone whos truly made a difference in the Rockford area, said Mike Broski, a Chamber board member and chairman of the committee that will decide the winner. This may be a person whos provided eyeglasses to the poor or donated dental services. It may be a person who goes unrecognized and provides services unnoticed by the community. It doesnt necessarily have to be someone whos given or raised a lot of money.
Broski and the award committee are seeking nominations for individual citizens in the Rockford area who have made extraordinary contributions to the welfare and progress of the community, generally over a period of years. This person need not be a member of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce.
Nomination forms are available at the Chambers Web site, www.rockfordchamber.com, or by calling the Rockford Chamber of Commerce at (815) 987-8100. The deadline for nominations is Jan. 15, 2006.
From the Dec. 28, 2005-Jan. 3, 2006, issue