- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rockford women launch 2005 campaign to support Dress for Success
Its been said that dressing the part is equally as important as playing the part. Unfortunately, both can be a challenge for women transitioning from unemployment into the workforce.
Lia Sophia, a national jewelry party planning company, whose mission is to empower women, is donating a portion of the profits from the sale of each Petalescent necklace to Dress for Success, a non-profit organization that provides interview suits, confidence boosts and career development to women in need, says Bonni Davis, Lia Sophias national sales director.
Were proud to support Dress for Success to help women who are trying to improve their life situations, says Davis. The mission of Dress for Success coincides with Lia Sophias corporate commitment to give women the opportunity to make their dreams come true through financial independence.
By donating both merchandise and cash, Lia Sophia will be supporting Dress
for Success which, to date, has helped more than 170,000 women work toward independence. In addition to an interview suit and accessories, Dress for Success provides career counseling, interview tips and networking opportunities to help women gain employment.
To purchase a Petalescent necklace to support the Dress for Success campaign, contact:
Crystal Gruner at www.liasophia.com/sparklingcrystal
Cheryl Hart at www.liasophia.com/cherylhart
Andrea Whitehead at 815-988-3428.
About Lia Sophia
Lia Sophia is a unique direct selling opportunity offering fashion jewelry through personalized in-home demonstrations. The companys goal is to improve the lifestyles of its advisers, hostesses and customers with products and opportunities. Lia Sophia connects women to their dreams, from obtaining beautiful jewelry to empowering their financial futures.
For further information, visit www.liasophia.com or call 1-800-487-3323.