- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
RSO finale April 29
Music Director Steven Larsen and the Rockford Symphony Orchestra present For Love of Country, featuring members of the Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps, at 8 p.m., April 29 at the Coronado Theatre.
The final concert of the season features composers celebrating their homelands, and includes Mozarts Overture to The Abduction from the Seraglio, Jean Sibelius Karelia Overture, and Ferde Grofés Grand Canyon Suite. The final piece of the concert, Leo Janáèeks Sinfonietta, features the Phantom Regiment in a fanfare for trumpets.
The RSO Allegro League is hosting the Finale Dinner prior to the concert. The dinner will begin at 6 p.m., and will be catered by Tonis of Winnebago. Cost is $75 per person. Call 965-0049 for reservations.
A pre-concert lecture by Steven Larsen is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets for this concert are available by calling the RSO Box Office at 965-0049, or www.rockfordsymphony.com. Ticket prices range from $15 to $42.
From the April 26-May 2, 2006, issue