- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
RSO finale April 29
Music Director Steven Larsen and the Rockford Symphony Orchestra present For Love of Country, featuring members of the Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps, at 8 p.m., April 29 at the Coronado Theatre.
The final concert of the season features composers celebrating their homelands, and includes Mozarts Overture to The Abduction from the Seraglio, Jean Sibelius Karelia Overture, and Ferde Grofés Grand Canyon Suite. The final piece of the concert, Leo Janáèeks Sinfonietta, features the Phantom Regiment in a fanfare for trumpets.
The RSO Allegro League is hosting the Finale Dinner prior to the concert. The dinner will begin at 6 p.m., and will be catered by Tonis of Winnebago. Cost is $75 per person. Call 965-0049 for reservations.
A pre-concert lecture by Steven Larsen is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets for this concert are available by calling the RSO Box Office at 965-0049, or www.rockfordsymphony.com. Ticket prices range from $15 to $42.
From the April 26-May 2, 2006, issue