- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
RSO finale April 29
Music Director Steven Larsen and the Rockford Symphony Orchestra present For Love of Country, featuring members of the Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps, at 8 p.m., April 29 at the Coronado Theatre.
The final concert of the season features composers celebrating their homelands, and includes Mozarts Overture to The Abduction from the Seraglio, Jean Sibelius Karelia Overture, and Ferde Grofés Grand Canyon Suite. The final piece of the concert, Leo Janáèeks Sinfonietta, features the Phantom Regiment in a fanfare for trumpets.
The RSO Allegro League is hosting the Finale Dinner prior to the concert. The dinner will begin at 6 p.m., and will be catered by Tonis of Winnebago. Cost is $75 per person. Call 965-0049 for reservations.
A pre-concert lecture by Steven Larsen is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets for this concert are available by calling the RSO Box Office at 965-0049, or www.rockfordsymphony.com. Ticket prices range from $15 to $42.
From the April 26-May 2, 2006, issue