- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
RSO finale April 29
Music Director Steven Larsen and the Rockford Symphony Orchestra present For Love of Country, featuring members of the Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps, at 8 p.m., April 29 at the Coronado Theatre.
The final concert of the season features composers celebrating their homelands, and includes Mozarts Overture to The Abduction from the Seraglio, Jean Sibelius Karelia Overture, and Ferde Grofés Grand Canyon Suite. The final piece of the concert, Leo Janáèeks Sinfonietta, features the Phantom Regiment in a fanfare for trumpets.
The RSO Allegro League is hosting the Finale Dinner prior to the concert. The dinner will begin at 6 p.m., and will be catered by Tonis of Winnebago. Cost is $75 per person. Call 965-0049 for reservations.
A pre-concert lecture by Steven Larsen is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets for this concert are available by calling the RSO Box Office at 965-0049, or www.rockfordsymphony.com. Ticket prices range from $15 to $42.
From the April 26-May 2, 2006, issue