- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
RSO finale April 29
Music Director Steven Larsen and the Rockford Symphony Orchestra present For Love of Country, featuring members of the Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps, at 8 p.m., April 29 at the Coronado Theatre.
The final concert of the season features composers celebrating their homelands, and includes Mozarts Overture to The Abduction from the Seraglio, Jean Sibelius Karelia Overture, and Ferde Grofés Grand Canyon Suite. The final piece of the concert, Leo Janáèeks Sinfonietta, features the Phantom Regiment in a fanfare for trumpets.
The RSO Allegro League is hosting the Finale Dinner prior to the concert. The dinner will begin at 6 p.m., and will be catered by Tonis of Winnebago. Cost is $75 per person. Call 965-0049 for reservations.
A pre-concert lecture by Steven Larsen is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets for this concert are available by calling the RSO Box Office at 965-0049, or www.rockfordsymphony.com. Ticket prices range from $15 to $42.
From the April 26-May 2, 2006, issue