- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
RVC hosts Earth Day and Expo
Its an afternoon of fun for the family, and you might learn a thing or two about the environment at the Community Earth Day Celebration, Saturday, April 22, from 1 to 4 p.m. on the main campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Rd.
Free trees from the Rockford Park District (one per family while supplies last)
Music, skits, crafts and childrens readings, face painting
Live animals, including the Rockford Park District Birds of Prey program
Area nurseries with plants for sale
Environmental education activities
Food and beverages for sale
The Community Earth Day Celebration is sponsored by Rock Valley College, Winnebago County Health Department, Four Rivers Environmental Coalition, Rockford Park District and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District.
Meantime, 30 local nonprofit agencies will be providing information about how you can get involved in their organizations at the annual Volunteer Expo, taking place the same day and time inside the RVC Physical Education Center (PEC).
This free event is a great opportunity for potential volunteers to connect with programs in need of their help and ideas. Make a difference in your community; become a volunteer.
For more information about the Community Earth Day Celebration or Volunteer Expo, call (815) 921-3900.
From the April 19-25, 2006, issue