- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
RVC hosts Earth Day and Expo
Its an afternoon of fun for the family, and you might learn a thing or two about the environment at the Community Earth Day Celebration, Saturday, April 22, from 1 to 4 p.m. on the main campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Rd.
Free trees from the Rockford Park District (one per family while supplies last)
Music, skits, crafts and childrens readings, face painting
Live animals, including the Rockford Park District Birds of Prey program
Area nurseries with plants for sale
Environmental education activities
Food and beverages for sale
The Community Earth Day Celebration is sponsored by Rock Valley College, Winnebago County Health Department, Four Rivers Environmental Coalition, Rockford Park District and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District.
Meantime, 30 local nonprofit agencies will be providing information about how you can get involved in their organizations at the annual Volunteer Expo, taking place the same day and time inside the RVC Physical Education Center (PEC).
This free event is a great opportunity for potential volunteers to connect with programs in need of their help and ideas. Make a difference in your community; become a volunteer.
For more information about the Community Earth Day Celebration or Volunteer Expo, call (815) 921-3900.
From the April 19-25, 2006, issue