- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
RVC hosts Earth Day and Expo
Its an afternoon of fun for the family, and you might learn a thing or two about the environment at the Community Earth Day Celebration, Saturday, April 22, from 1 to 4 p.m. on the main campus of Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Rd.
Free trees from the Rockford Park District (one per family while supplies last)
Music, skits, crafts and childrens readings, face painting
Live animals, including the Rockford Park District Birds of Prey program
Area nurseries with plants for sale
Environmental education activities
Food and beverages for sale
The Community Earth Day Celebration is sponsored by Rock Valley College, Winnebago County Health Department, Four Rivers Environmental Coalition, Rockford Park District and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District.
Meantime, 30 local nonprofit agencies will be providing information about how you can get involved in their organizations at the annual Volunteer Expo, taking place the same day and time inside the RVC Physical Education Center (PEC).
This free event is a great opportunity for potential volunteers to connect with programs in need of their help and ideas. Make a difference in your community; become a volunteer.
For more information about the Community Earth Day Celebration or Volunteer Expo, call (815) 921-3900.
From the April 19-25, 2006, issue