- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Search for People & Their Amazing Animals
Whats all the barking, squealing and squawking about? The national People & Their Amazing Animals talent search is coming to Cherry Valley, to discover the most amazing animals in the area. This event will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 2. Local contest winners will move on to the national competition for a chance to become one of Americas most amazing animals.
Cherry Valley Feed & Supplies, 1595 Bell School Rd., will host the local event. Fun-filled family festivities will include pony rides, free samples, special promotions, attendance prizes, a pet parade, games, exhibits, displays and refreshments.
This is the second consecutive year Purina Mills dealers have sponsored the People & Their Amazing Animals competition. This years search has been broadened to include both talented animals as well as a new Beyond Talent category. The new category will offer animals and their owners an opportunity to compete in the areas of Animal/Owner Look Alike, The Most Unusual Animal and Cutest Animal (a category that is open only to kids 12 and younger).
Talent contests are being held at Purina dealers across the country through the first week of August. The national winners will be announced in September.