- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Southern Wisconsin Airfest 07 Aug. 4-5
StoryImage( ‘/Images/Story//Auto-img-118592461012239.jpg’, ‘Image courtesy of www.vistahouse.com‘, ”);
If you happened to be out of town, or for some other reason missed this years Rockford AirFest, the good news is you have another opportunity to take in a fabulous airshow nearby.
The Southern Wisconsin Airfest 07 will take place this Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 4-5, at the Southern Wisconsin Regional Airport between Beloit, Wis., and Janesville, Wis., on Highway 51.
The show will feature the United States Navy East Coast F-18C Hornet Demo Team and the United States Air Force F-16 East Coast Demo Team. Two of the groups that performed in Rockford will be back in the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin skies once again. The United States Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights and The Red Baron Pizza Squadron will be performing both days.
Vlado Lenoch will pilot his World War II P-51 Mustang alongside USAF Major Jason Koltes in the F-16 Viper for the Heritage Flight formation.
In addition to the aerial displays, there will also be several military and civilian static exhibits.
The grounds open both days at 9 a.m. Opening ceremonies begin at 12:15 p.m. Advance tickets are $6 for children ages 6-12. Adult tickets are $12, if purchased in advance. Tickets at the gate are $15 for adults and $10 for children 6-12, and all children 5 and younger are free.
To purchase tickets online or to locate the ticket outlet nearest you, visit the Airfest Web site at www.swairfest.org.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
from the Aug 1-7, 2007, issue