- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
Spectrum Schools summer gala
Spectrum School has announced plans for its annual summer gala, Summer Vacation Around the World, to be Saturday, July 19 at Hardings LaPaloma Gardens, 3622 Brookview Road.
Tickets for the event are $65. The summer gala is a fundraiser for the financial assistance program at Spectrum School.
Families and friends of Spectrum School will stroll through the distinctive gardens in Rockfords most beautiful private back yard. Music will be provided by the Ken Stein Trio with hors doeuvres catered by Giovannis. The attire for the evening is casual elegance (please, no heels).
Raffle tickets are also available for $10 with the prizes including tickets to The Lion King now playing in Chicago, a diamond pendant donated by Busch Jewelers, a spa package donated by Lady Wellness Fitness and Spa, and New American Theater tickets. Raffle participants need not be present to win.
Spectrum School has served the Rockford area for more than 35 years, offering a genuine alternative to traditional education. Spectrum School is dedicated to employing cutting-edge instructional methods proven through research. Spectrum currently enrolls students from pre-school through the eighth grade level, grouped developmentally by academic, emotional and social maturity, rather than by age. Students enjoy a 12 to one student-to-teacher ratio in multi-age classes and begin learning Spanish and Japanese at age 3. Dedicated to its mission of creating mindful, self-directed learners for life, Spectrum School integrates the arts into every aspect of education. As a result, Spectrum graduates are confident, well-rounded individuals who excel in creativity as well as critical thinking.
Sponsors for the Spectrum School summer gala include Coyle-Varland Insurance Agency and WIFR-TV.