- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Spring Lawn Care Feb. 27
Real self-defense training can happen with as little as 10 moves. Against popular belief, one does not need to be a Black Belt to be proficient in martial arts, nor do they have to spend years in a self-defense school learning more about bowing than what to do if someone attacks you from behind. Nor do people have to dedicate endless hours on the treadmill to reach their New Years resolutions. Martial arts has proven itself to give people what they want, to get in shape and also feel safe.
In a real attack, many of the complex moves that are taught in martial arts dojos and are seen in movies, will not work, states Matt Numrich, owner and head instructor of Elite Defense Systems, a self-defense academy in Rockford, with additional Chicagoland locations. Numrich explains: If you minimize the self-defense moves you have available to single direct moves, which focus on weak spots on the attackers bodydefending oneself is easy, plus it burns fat! Luckily, these same direct moves offer super-high leverage for the person who is being attacked, even against bigger and stronger attackers. Here is the bonus: They are also the key to getting in shape in the shortest amount of time. Dave Lamoso, a student of Numrichs, recently lost more than 35 pounds using these 20 simple self-defense moves.
Matt Numrich will educate your audience in:
10 super-effective defense moves which can create the ultimate workout
The missing more popular link in the misleading theory of flight or fight and how working out is the missing link in escaping a rape, attack or abduction
Why cardio kick boxing and Tae Bo programs make you more vulnerable!
Creating a simple at home program to reach ones New Years fitness goals!
Numrichs self-defense knowledge is the key to showing how your audience can still succeed in their New Years resolutions, while learning how to protect themselves. For more information, call (815) 885-4758.
From the Feb. 14-20, 2007, issue