- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Steak Under the Stars June 5 at the Moseley-Lowe
The local Highland Chapter of Pheasants Forever is hosting the fifth Steak Under the Stars, Tuesday, June 5, at the Moseley- Lowe Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 998, 1802 E. Shawnee Ave., Freeport. This is an outdoor grill-your-own steak meal with potato, roll and salads. Children accompanied with an adult may have free hot dogs. This is a fund-raiser to generate money for the Chapters Scholarship Fund and continue their habitat work in Stephenson County. The Highland Chapter is one of the top 10 Pheasants Forever chapters in establishing habitat in agricultural settings for the benefit of wildlife. The outdoor grill will be open from 5:30 until 9 p.m. During the evening, there will be 50/50 drawings, raffles and a youth gun drawing. Tickets are $25 for adults and are available from Chapter members, Stephenson Soil & Water office, 1620 S. Galena, Freeport 1-815-2352161, ext; or by calling Mike Adkins, 1-815-235-3842.
from the May 30-June 5, 2007, issue