- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Steak Under the Stars June 5 at the Moseley-Lowe
The local Highland Chapter of Pheasants Forever is hosting the fifth Steak Under the Stars, Tuesday, June 5, at the Moseley- Lowe Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 998, 1802 E. Shawnee Ave., Freeport. This is an outdoor grill-your-own steak meal with potato, roll and salads. Children accompanied with an adult may have free hot dogs. This is a fund-raiser to generate money for the Chapters Scholarship Fund and continue their habitat work in Stephenson County. The Highland Chapter is one of the top 10 Pheasants Forever chapters in establishing habitat in agricultural settings for the benefit of wildlife. The outdoor grill will be open from 5:30 until 9 p.m. During the evening, there will be 50/50 drawings, raffles and a youth gun drawing. Tickets are $25 for adults and are available from Chapter members, Stephenson Soil & Water office, 1620 S. Galena, Freeport 1-815-2352161, ext; or by calling Mike Adkins, 1-815-235-3842.
from the May 30-June 5, 2007, issue