- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Steak Under the Stars June 5 at the Moseley-Lowe
The local Highland Chapter of Pheasants Forever is hosting the fifth Steak Under the Stars, Tuesday, June 5, at the Moseley- Lowe Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 998, 1802 E. Shawnee Ave., Freeport. This is an outdoor grill-your-own steak meal with potato, roll and salads. Children accompanied with an adult may have free hot dogs. This is a fund-raiser to generate money for the Chapters Scholarship Fund and continue their habitat work in Stephenson County. The Highland Chapter is one of the top 10 Pheasants Forever chapters in establishing habitat in agricultural settings for the benefit of wildlife. The outdoor grill will be open from 5:30 until 9 p.m. During the evening, there will be 50/50 drawings, raffles and a youth gun drawing. Tickets are $25 for adults and are available from Chapter members, Stephenson Soil & Water office, 1620 S. Galena, Freeport 1-815-2352161, ext; or by calling Mike Adkins, 1-815-235-3842.
from the May 30-June 5, 2007, issue