- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Stephenson Co. Farm Ag Breakfast Saturday, June 24
Experience a little country at the 21st Annual Stephenson County Farm Ag Breakfast at Stephenson County Fairgrounds from 6 to 10 a.m., Saturday, June 24.
Fun for all ages with plenty to see, do and eat, is available for a $4 (children 5 and younger are free) donation.
Everybody knows June is Dairy Month, so there will be plenty of milk, cheese, ice cream and yogurt coffee cake to feast on, along with beef bacon and whole-hog pork sausage; and, of course, there will be orange juice and plenty of coffee.
Before or after you eat, you are encouraged to stop by the cooks tent to watch volunteers cook up super-huge batches of fresh scrambled eggs on mega-skillets.
You can connect or reconnect with country life by visiting with 4-Hrs as you view their animal displays; finding out how farming has progressed as you compare antique and modern tractors; and experiencing the feel of rural life by enjoying a horse-drawn ride.
Also, take time while at the Ag Breakfast to meet the Commodity Ambassadors while you are being entertained by local vocalist Dave Demeester.
And, be sure to catch the youngsters pedal tractor-pull competition, barnyard bowling and milk mustache booth.
Come west and make memories with family and friends.
From the June 21-27, 2006, issue