- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Stephenson Co. Farm Ag Breakfast Saturday, June 24
Experience a little country at the 21st Annual Stephenson County Farm Ag Breakfast at Stephenson County Fairgrounds from 6 to 10 a.m., Saturday, June 24.
Fun for all ages with plenty to see, do and eat, is available for a $4 (children 5 and younger are free) donation.
Everybody knows June is Dairy Month, so there will be plenty of milk, cheese, ice cream and yogurt coffee cake to feast on, along with beef bacon and whole-hog pork sausage; and, of course, there will be orange juice and plenty of coffee.
Before or after you eat, you are encouraged to stop by the cooks tent to watch volunteers cook up super-huge batches of fresh scrambled eggs on mega-skillets.
You can connect or reconnect with country life by visiting with 4-Hrs as you view their animal displays; finding out how farming has progressed as you compare antique and modern tractors; and experiencing the feel of rural life by enjoying a horse-drawn ride.
Also, take time while at the Ag Breakfast to meet the Commodity Ambassadors while you are being entertained by local vocalist Dave Demeester.
And, be sure to catch the youngsters pedal tractor-pull competition, barnyard bowling and milk mustache booth.
Come west and make memories with family and friends.
From the June 21-27, 2006, issue