- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Stephenson Co. Farm Ag Breakfast Saturday, June 24
Experience a little country at the 21st Annual Stephenson County Farm Ag Breakfast at Stephenson County Fairgrounds from 6 to 10 a.m., Saturday, June 24.
Fun for all ages with plenty to see, do and eat, is available for a $4 (children 5 and younger are free) donation.
Everybody knows June is Dairy Month, so there will be plenty of milk, cheese, ice cream and yogurt coffee cake to feast on, along with beef bacon and whole-hog pork sausage; and, of course, there will be orange juice and plenty of coffee.
Before or after you eat, you are encouraged to stop by the cooks tent to watch volunteers cook up super-huge batches of fresh scrambled eggs on mega-skillets.
You can connect or reconnect with country life by visiting with 4-Hrs as you view their animal displays; finding out how farming has progressed as you compare antique and modern tractors; and experiencing the feel of rural life by enjoying a horse-drawn ride.
Also, take time while at the Ag Breakfast to meet the Commodity Ambassadors while you are being entertained by local vocalist Dave Demeester.
And, be sure to catch the youngsters pedal tractor-pull competition, barnyard bowling and milk mustache booth.
Come west and make memories with family and friends.
From the June 21-27, 2006, issue