- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Stephenson Co. Farm Ag Breakfast Saturday, June 24
Experience a little country at the 21st Annual Stephenson County Farm Ag Breakfast at Stephenson County Fairgrounds from 6 to 10 a.m., Saturday, June 24.
Fun for all ages with plenty to see, do and eat, is available for a $4 (children 5 and younger are free) donation.
Everybody knows June is Dairy Month, so there will be plenty of milk, cheese, ice cream and yogurt coffee cake to feast on, along with beef bacon and whole-hog pork sausage; and, of course, there will be orange juice and plenty of coffee.
Before or after you eat, you are encouraged to stop by the cooks tent to watch volunteers cook up super-huge batches of fresh scrambled eggs on mega-skillets.
You can connect or reconnect with country life by visiting with 4-Hrs as you view their animal displays; finding out how farming has progressed as you compare antique and modern tractors; and experiencing the feel of rural life by enjoying a horse-drawn ride.
Also, take time while at the Ag Breakfast to meet the Commodity Ambassadors while you are being entertained by local vocalist Dave Demeester.
And, be sure to catch the youngsters pedal tractor-pull competition, barnyard bowling and milk mustache booth.
Come west and make memories with family and friends.
From the June 21-27, 2006, issue