- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
SwedishAmerican makes top 100 wired list
For the fifth straight year, SwedishAmerican Health System has been named one of the nations 100 Most Wired Hospitals and Health Care Systems by Hospitals & Health Networks, the journal of the American Hospital Association. This award is presented each year to the top 100 health care organizations that demonstrate their ability to provide information using advanced technologies. This year, 1,128 hospitals were competing for the Top 100 award.
SwedishAmerican is among only 15 hospitals having received this designation all five years that it has been awarded.
This prestigious award is based on a survey developed in conjunction with McKesson Information Solutions, Qwest Communications International, and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, which polled the nations health care systems on their use of information technologies to address the key goals of safety and quality, customer service, business processes, work force and disaster readiness. Based on the results of this eight-page survey, H&HN recognizes innovation, improvement, use of wireless technologies and technology efforts by small and rural hospitals.
SwedishAmerican links clinic locations in the Rockford and surrounding communities to the hospital campus using secure high-speed data circuits to provide physicians with information regarding their patients care. Computer network technology is utilized throughout the organization to automate the delivery of test results to the caregiver. The technology that supports these key elements of information management also support SwedishAmericans continuing plan of service improvement to the community.