- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Tebala Shrine hosts Oldies Show Aug. 4
A Black Cow.
Sure, you can see them standing in fields and pastures, but have you ever tasted one?
Few places offer a Black Cow. The Black Cow dates back to soda fountains and drive-ins. Its a Back to the Future-era ice cream drink that would be at home with Fonzie, Richie and the gang at Arnolds Drive-In in the Milwaukee of Happy Days.
Black Cows are only a small part of the fun being offered at the Tebala Shrine Center (7910 Newburg Road, Rockford, just east of I-90) at this summers Oldies Show and Dinner Dance, slated for the evening of Aug. 4. Activities will begin with cocktails at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m., with entertainment and dancing following. Cost per person is $18, and advance reservations are recommended by July 27.
For more information, call 1-815-332-2010 or visit http://www.tebala.org.
from the July 5-10, 2007, issue