- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Tebala Shrine hosts Oldies Show Aug. 4
A Black Cow.
Sure, you can see them standing in fields and pastures, but have you ever tasted one?
Few places offer a Black Cow. The Black Cow dates back to soda fountains and drive-ins. Its a Back to the Future-era ice cream drink that would be at home with Fonzie, Richie and the gang at Arnolds Drive-In in the Milwaukee of Happy Days.
Black Cows are only a small part of the fun being offered at the Tebala Shrine Center (7910 Newburg Road, Rockford, just east of I-90) at this summers Oldies Show and Dinner Dance, slated for the evening of Aug. 4. Activities will begin with cocktails at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m., with entertainment and dancing following. Cost per person is $18, and advance reservations are recommended by July 27.
For more information, call 1-815-332-2010 or visit http://www.tebala.org.
from the July 5-10, 2007, issue