- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Tebala Shrine hosts Oldies Show Aug. 4
A Black Cow.
Sure, you can see them standing in fields and pastures, but have you ever tasted one?
Few places offer a Black Cow. The Black Cow dates back to soda fountains and drive-ins. Its a Back to the Future-era ice cream drink that would be at home with Fonzie, Richie and the gang at Arnolds Drive-In in the Milwaukee of Happy Days.
Black Cows are only a small part of the fun being offered at the Tebala Shrine Center (7910 Newburg Road, Rockford, just east of I-90) at this summers Oldies Show and Dinner Dance, slated for the evening of Aug. 4. Activities will begin with cocktails at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m., with entertainment and dancing following. Cost per person is $18, and advance reservations are recommended by July 27.
For more information, call 1-815-332-2010 or visit http://www.tebala.org.
from the July 5-10, 2007, issue