- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Tebala Shrine hosts Oldies Show Aug. 4
A Black Cow.
Sure, you can see them standing in fields and pastures, but have you ever tasted one?
Few places offer a Black Cow. The Black Cow dates back to soda fountains and drive-ins. Its a Back to the Future-era ice cream drink that would be at home with Fonzie, Richie and the gang at Arnolds Drive-In in the Milwaukee of Happy Days.
Black Cows are only a small part of the fun being offered at the Tebala Shrine Center (7910 Newburg Road, Rockford, just east of I-90) at this summers Oldies Show and Dinner Dance, slated for the evening of Aug. 4. Activities will begin with cocktails at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m., with entertainment and dancing following. Cost per person is $18, and advance reservations are recommended by July 27.
For more information, call 1-815-332-2010 or visit http://www.tebala.org.
from the July 5-10, 2007, issue