- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Tebala Shrine hosts Oldies Show Aug. 4
A Black Cow.
Sure, you can see them standing in fields and pastures, but have you ever tasted one?
Few places offer a Black Cow. The Black Cow dates back to soda fountains and drive-ins. Its a Back to the Future-era ice cream drink that would be at home with Fonzie, Richie and the gang at Arnolds Drive-In in the Milwaukee of Happy Days.
Black Cows are only a small part of the fun being offered at the Tebala Shrine Center (7910 Newburg Road, Rockford, just east of I-90) at this summers Oldies Show and Dinner Dance, slated for the evening of Aug. 4. Activities will begin with cocktails at 5 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m., with entertainment and dancing following. Cost per person is $18, and advance reservations are recommended by July 27.
For more information, call 1-815-332-2010 or visit http://www.tebala.org.
from the July 5-10, 2007, issue