- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
The ducks are back!
The ducks are back!
Family Counseling Services (FCS) will be hosting the second annual Duck Tale Derby on Saturday, June 22 on the South Lawn of Davis Park in Rockford. Davis Park is located at the corner of South Main and Chestnut streets on the Rock River. Admission to the event is FREE!
The Duck Tale Derby is a rubber duck race that will take place on the Rock River south of the Chestnut Street bridge. Participants who adopt ducks for the race will be eligible to win a flock of prizes, including $5,000 in cash, a diamond necklace, season golf passes, and more!!
Duck adoption forms are available on the Duck Tale Derby website (www.ducktalederby.org) and at numerous locations in the Rockford area, including Hilander, Bank One, Papa Johns Pizza, Road Ranger, Rockford College and Paragon on State. Adoptions will also be available at regularly scheduled Adopt-A-Thons and on race day at Davis Park from noon until one hour before the races begin.
Races will begin at approximately 3 p.m.
Major sponsors for the Duck Tale Derby are Cummings Advertising, Papa Johns Pizza, Pepsi, SupplyCore Inc., WREX-TV, Rockford Park District and the Rockford Ski Broncs.
For all updates on the Duck Tale Derby and associated special events, please visit the web site at www.ducktalederby.org, or call 815/963-RACE (7223).