- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
The Fabulous 50s Show! opens at Jubilee April 16
With hits from Elvis to the Everly Brothers, and Little Darlin to Little Richard, Shake, Rattle & Roll! The Fabulous 50s Show! takes the Jubilee Theatre (at the Clock Tower Resort) stage like a spring storm with tight harmonies, high-energy dancing, comedy and audience participation. The show celebrates the 50s era of bobby socks, duck tails, and rock and roll.
Opening April 16 and playing through May 29 each Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m., this six-person revue takes the audience on a rock and stroll down memory lane. Featured hits include Venus, You Belong To Me, At The Hop, Earth Angel and 16 Candles. Starring Don Grant Zellmer (whose credits include Vegas shows and Branson); Phil Masterton (who appeared in Broadway tours of Cats, A Chorus Line and Showboat); Jacob Bailey, Debbi Torri, Katy Morehouse, and Carm Rongere, a nod to 50s guy groups and girl groups takes the stage. Also included are the love songs, the fads, the dances, a cappella doo wop and even an Elvis impersonator contest (starring audience volunteers).
April marks the Jubilee Theatres one-year anniversary. Jubilee opened last season with a 1950s show, Bandstand USA. Producer Zellmer said: Its only fitting to celebrate our first anniversary with the type of show we first produced. The audiences really enjoyed the high-energy fun of the 50s, so we decided to jazz up the season by including another similar revue with lots of new surprises… and Shake, Rattle & Roll! was born.
Shake, Rattle & Roll! The Fabulous 50s Show! plays Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets are $26 for Friday and Sunday performances and $28 for Saturday performances. The Jubilee Theatre Box Office is open for reservations from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and noon until 6 p.m. Saturdays at (815) 229-4033.