- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
TLN TV51, Radio 91 to cover OTW
Total Living Network TV51, Rockfords only local, Christian television station, will partner with WGSL Radio 91 for its second year to host The Family Station at On the Waterfront, Aug. 29-31.
The Family Station will offer live musical performances from gospel, spiritual and contemporary Christian rock to pipe bands, jazz, Latin and more. Musical performances will begin at 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 30, and end at approximately 10 p.m. that night. They will start again at 1 p.m., Sunday Aug. 31, and end at approximately 7 p.m. At all other times, The Family Station will provide entertainment for children and their parents including games, giveaways and special acts.
Holly Swanson, station manager of TLN TV51, and Ron Tietsort, operations manager of Radio 91, said they felt like On the Waterfront was missing the Christian demographic, and they wanted their viewers/listeners to be able to enjoy Rockfords largest outdoor festival, so they worked with OTW to add their family-friendly venue. Swanson and Tietsort also said they felt that an additional form of entertainment would attract other OTW attendees.
Becky Genoways, CEO of On the Waterfront, said OTW continues to make changes and add features each year that make the festival more family-friendly. The Family Station is one way of doing this. In addition, the Kids Castle will have another floor of free hands-on activities. Midway Madness (carnival rides and inflatables) has been extended to both Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Family Fun Packs will be available, and children up to 8 years of age will be able to enter the festival for free.
The staff at TLN TV51 and Radio 91 hope to attract many new patrons to On the Waterfront this year with their family-friendly attraction and encourages those who havent attended OTW in the past few years to come and support their efforts. The Family Station will be on the south side of the Main Street Pedestrian Mall next to the Kids Castle.
Information: Barb Seaworth, 877-5151 or email@example.com.