- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
United Way receives UPS gift
United Way of Rock River Valley recently received a $33,608 contribution from The UPS Foundation, the charitable arm of UPS. The contribution was made through the Foundations UPS Contribution Program, an initiative in which the company contributes funds to United Way organizations in cities nationwide on behalf of UPS employees to help strengthen local communities. In addition to the local corporate gift, local employees pledged $93,422 in their workplace campaign, bringing the local pledge total to $127,030.
The contribution to United Way of Rock River Valley is one of many UPS has made in 2003 through its partnership with United Way. Nationwide, UPS awarded $9.3 million in corporate contributions. In addition, UPS employees contributed approximately $44 million, bringing this years company-wide United Way campaign contribution to $53.2 million. This marks the second consecutive year UPS has exceeded $50 million in donations with an annual campaign. UPSs 2002 contribution of $52.2 million made it the first company to break the $50 million mark in a single United Way campaign.
UPS and United Way share a commitment to build stronger communities and support the efforts of local nonprofits, said Evern Cooper, president of The UPS Foundation and vice president of UPS corporate relations. For more than two decades, UPS employees have donated their money and volunteer time to help improve the lives of others. We are a proud United Way partner and support its ongoing efforts.