- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
United Way receives UPS gift
United Way of Rock River Valley recently received a $33,608 contribution from The UPS Foundation, the charitable arm of UPS. The contribution was made through the Foundations UPS Contribution Program, an initiative in which the company contributes funds to United Way organizations in cities nationwide on behalf of UPS employees to help strengthen local communities. In addition to the local corporate gift, local employees pledged $93,422 in their workplace campaign, bringing the local pledge total to $127,030.
The contribution to United Way of Rock River Valley is one of many UPS has made in 2003 through its partnership with United Way. Nationwide, UPS awarded $9.3 million in corporate contributions. In addition, UPS employees contributed approximately $44 million, bringing this years company-wide United Way campaign contribution to $53.2 million. This marks the second consecutive year UPS has exceeded $50 million in donations with an annual campaign. UPSs 2002 contribution of $52.2 million made it the first company to break the $50 million mark in a single United Way campaign.
UPS and United Way share a commitment to build stronger communities and support the efforts of local nonprofits, said Evern Cooper, president of The UPS Foundation and vice president of UPS corporate relations. For more than two decades, UPS employees have donated their money and volunteer time to help improve the lives of others. We are a proud United Way partner and support its ongoing efforts.