- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
United Way receives UPS gift
United Way of Rock River Valley recently received a $33,608 contribution from The UPS Foundation, the charitable arm of UPS. The contribution was made through the Foundations UPS Contribution Program, an initiative in which the company contributes funds to United Way organizations in cities nationwide on behalf of UPS employees to help strengthen local communities. In addition to the local corporate gift, local employees pledged $93,422 in their workplace campaign, bringing the local pledge total to $127,030.
The contribution to United Way of Rock River Valley is one of many UPS has made in 2003 through its partnership with United Way. Nationwide, UPS awarded $9.3 million in corporate contributions. In addition, UPS employees contributed approximately $44 million, bringing this years company-wide United Way campaign contribution to $53.2 million. This marks the second consecutive year UPS has exceeded $50 million in donations with an annual campaign. UPSs 2002 contribution of $52.2 million made it the first company to break the $50 million mark in a single United Way campaign.
UPS and United Way share a commitment to build stronger communities and support the efforts of local nonprofits, said Evern Cooper, president of The UPS Foundation and vice president of UPS corporate relations. For more than two decades, UPS employees have donated their money and volunteer time to help improve the lives of others. We are a proud United Way partner and support its ongoing efforts.