- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Vein Drain Blood and Marrow Drive
The Rock River Valley Blood Center and 97ZOK, are joining forces once again to host the Halloween Vein Drain Blood and Marrow Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 31. The event will take place from 7 a.m.-1 p.m. at Riverside Community Bank, 2526 Stowmarket Drive.
The event will feature WZOKs morning crew, Steve and Leigh, broadcasting live from Riverside Community Bank. There will be food, prizes and give a ways.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center is the sole supplier of blood and related services to OSF Saint Anthony, Rockford Memorial, SwedishAmerican, Beloit Memorial, Edgerton Memorial Community, Freeport Health Network, Harvard Memorial, and Northwest Suburban Community and Rochelle Community hospitals.
For more information, contact the Rock River Valley Blood Center at 815/965-8751 or toll-free at 866-889-9073, on the web at www.rrvbc.org.
From the Oct. 25-31, 2006, issue